This month, I started looking into film grants as well as continuing research on the film, production, and the budget.
Several friends were very helpful in throwing around ideas for the premise and character motivations. They were invaluable in filtering and suggesting new ideas. I worked more on fine-tuning the premise and character motivations. I wrote a letter to ask for financing from a select few people, and contacted two qualified people to be the producer on the film. A few leads were generated, but they all fizzled out.
In passing, I mentioned the film to one of my friends, Leeanna, who is an extremely devoted thespian. She expressed her interest in casting which I thought was great, but didn’t know when that process would start...
Back to school.